Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Week 9

I can't believe that the show is next week! OMG! It has come up so quickly, but I still feel like we need about 3 more weeks to bring it all together! Though there is something to say for it not being all dragged out and too long. Focus is key. I feel like we fell apart in the run through on Wednesday. Hmmm. It will come. We've scheduled an extra rehearsal. It will come.

Tech day was loads of fun. Got to see lots of the pieces. Almost everything actually. I'm worried about Carine's ankle though. Wish she'd be careful. I know how dancers are though. Dance on broken bones, most of them. It's just pain.

With Carine's ankle and my knee, we've taken it pretty easy when rehearsing our pointe piece. I love that bit. Probably because we choreographed it and it is the only "typical" ballet piece I've done in 10 years. It's a bit of my heart. I love it. It makes me so happy to be free and in my dance gear again. I know I'm not as good (re: discipline) as I once was, so I might not be as tight or as precise, but I'm happy and I'm dancing with my heart.

Tech rehearsal went well, overall. We worked hard and I think we've got it settled. I want to see the pieces I didn't get a look at - mainly Claire's monologue. I've seen I think everything else now:) Well, the show continues, but it somehow feels like a runaway train!

No comments: