Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thursday Performance

I feel like it could have gone better. Just one more week to practice and it would have been better. We got great responses, but part of me feels that the responses are just super positive to keep our spirits up so that we will dance it well and hopefully better tomorrow. I know I could have done better.

Our audience was excellent. They had energy and really helped the show maintain momentum. The quilters had good response and I got to see the quilt (finally!). It is already beautiful, but the finished product will be stunning. I was quite impressed with the Unity Singers - what a great way to start the show!

I know I forgot a couple things in Black Butterfly. I won't forget those same things tomorrow, I know that for sure. I feel like the whole performance could have used tightening up. I am actually quite negative tonight and that is very unusual for me after a performance.

The reception after was lovely and I got the chance to speak with some people I hadn't seen and meet some of the family of the girls in the show. Mine is coming tomorrow. I'm glad they will, because hopefully my pieces will be up to snuff. I can't believe it's almost over.

No comments: