Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Week 8

Well, it really is coming down to the wire. We still have patchy bits in Black Butterfly and difficulty with cohesion. We're dancing the choreography, but it has no life. I'm sure it will come, it always does. Performance is a powerful thing.

Carine and I have been working on our individual. We had one focus for choreography and some great ideas, but now we've trashed it all and reworked it. We have the basics written down and hopefully with practice it will come together. I want it to be a light piece. Airy. Fun. Ballet can be seen as super traditional, but we want to laugh and to dance as we live. Both of us had to quit, and it is so liberating to be back. I didn't realize how much I missed it. I always spent time in my house, alone but for the dogs and just going through some of it. But not with another dancer. Hardly ever with music. It was secondary but nothing I gave up.

I'm concerned about the Metis jig. It doesn't seem to have come together even still. It will be a fun dance, but I don't know if it will be ready for the show. I must have faith in Rosalie, even if I have little faith in myself and my fellow dancers.

No comments: