Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dress

Dress rehearsal was L-O-N-G. We had lots to talk over. I think it was....okay...ish, for a dress rehearsal. I've been at ones that went better, but I've also seen worse. I think everyone is just exhausted from the practice and balancing all the other schoolwork at the same time. I have about a billion essays I am working on while trying to remember every step in Black Butterfly. Yikes!

Rosalie handed out some well deserved criticism (constructive, but quite apt). We all need to tighten up. I think adrenaline and the mystery of performance will bring it all to life. I'm happy that Ned was able to give us an alternative perspective - he is quite good at picking out problems and addressing them. Poor Daystar has been seeing the same mistakes all term - that must be tiring. Carine and I received excellent advice for Black Butterfly and we will talk to the girls tomorrow. We will get together and meet about our story. We're dancing, but we need to connect with the story and tell it. Become our characters. We'll get it.

I need sleep, or I won't dance tomorrow, I'll be sleeping in the locker! Just as long as my knee holds on until the end of Friday night.

No comments: