Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Friday Performace

Success! Finally! I felt that Black Butterfly really really came together tonight. We moved properly within the structure of the story and really connected with the characters. I'm so glad that this is ending on such a positive note. There was so much right with the performance. I felt it more tonight than I have in the past weeks of rehearsing and dancing.

I only missed one step, and that was a minor one. I felt it was better not to take the spin with Anna after removing Lindsay's wings, because if I did, I would have fallen over. I can't wait for the surgery to fix my knee. So I didn't spin and my knee didn't give out, so I think it was for the best.

Carine and I used our soft shoes for our piece so we added some extra pirouettes (piques for me) and a little extra flair. I think it went really well. We got to dance it. Really dance it. I'm so glad I got the opportunity to do this little piece with Carine. I had to quit ballet so suddenly. There was no goodbye, I was just gone. I never got closure. I've always felt torn about it. I had to, but I also felt I turned my back on ballet, my teacher and my studio. Particularly quitting in the middle of the season. But now, even if I don't ever do it again, I finally have closure. I got to say goodbye. I may permanently come down off pointe now. I've made my peace with that. And that is a gift I couldn't have received without this class, without Carine and without Daystar. So even if nobody reads this, I have to say thank you. To everyone in the performance, to our audience. And in particular to Carine and to Rosalie. So thank you. From the very bottom of my heart.

No comments: